Java is simple but Java is powerful!!! Do you know why?? Because Java can earn you quite a pretty penny. Are you someone who is interested in web developing and looking for better job opportunities? If yes Java is your answer. Java full stack developers are in high demand especially in India. Let’s take a quick look at how becoming a full stack Java developer can increase your demand in the job market.
What is Java?
Let’s begin with some basic knowledge about Java. Java, developed by Sun Microsystems in 1991, is a multi-threaded, object oriented programming language. Being small, simple and portable across different platforms and operating systems, Java has a wide popularity among software developers. Java which was initially known as Oak has a unique technology that is designed on the basis of three key elements. The usage of applets, powerful programming language constructs and rich sets of significant object classes. Java is a class based and concurrent language. Since Java has many semantic features it is said to be simpler than other languages like C and C++. One of the key features of Java is that it is a portable and platform neutral language.
What makes Java unique?
There are some major differences between Java and other languages which makes it unique and user friendly. Java is a platform-independent and stable language. When Java is compiled it is compiled into a platform-independent bytecode. This bytecode could be interpreted by the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) on whichever platform it is being run on.
Another salient feature of Java is that it enables the development of virus-free, tamper-free systems. It becomes more secure due to the public-encryption based authentication techniques.
Java has access to great open-source libraries like JHipster, Google’s Guava, Maven, etc. Several APIs are created with the help of Java for big platforms like Google. Various vigorous tools and IDEs like NetBeans, Eclipse IDE, etc. contribute to the success of Java language thus making it easier for debugging and writing codes.
Java being a multithreaded language can write programs that can perform multiple tasks simultaneously. This feature helps in building interactive applications that can run smoothly.
Java code is robust since Java objects do not require external references. Moreover, java encourages developers to take up productive programming habits in order to develop secure and reliable applications.
Java ensures high performance with its Just-In-Time compilers. Moreover, it is more dynamic than other languages like C or C++ as it is designed to adapt to an evolving environment.
One should never forget to mention the backward compatibility of Java. The advantage of this feature is that it becomes easy for larger systems to upgrade to use newer versions of Java.
Who is a Java developer?
A Java developer is a programmer who develops applications and software using Java programming language. A Java developer might collaborate with Web designers and Software Engineers to develop software and web-based applications for a variety of platforms. A developer writes codes to align with the clients’ vision.
Roles of a Java developer
As a Java developer one should perform various roles. The roles may vary from companies to companies. Although the major role of a Java developer is to design, develop, implement and maintain Java applications.
- A Java developer is responsible for delivering high availability and performance
- Contributing in all phases from development to deployment.
- Handle all the areas like software analysis, programming, testing and debugging.
- A Java developer should ensure that the designs comply with the client specifications.
- A Java developer’s role does not end with the deployment. Java developers are always expected to maintain active systems by providing software updates, adding new features, and identifying other programs that could enhance active systems.
These are some basic roles of a Java developer. The responsibilities of a Java developer are much more than this, which makes them an integral part of the tech industry.
What makes a Java full stack developer different from a Java developer?
A normal Java developer specializes either in front-end or in back-end, whereas a full stack developer develops both the front-end and back-end systems. A full stack Java developer deals with designing and implementing database layer stuff, working on business layer and backend as well as working on front-end.
In short a full stack developer is someone who handles every aspect of a website.
Is Java easy to learn?
Well, it is not very hard. It may seem hard in the beginning, but once you learn the basics you may find it easier. Since Java is designed in an easy learnable manner, if you learn the basic OOP Java concepts you could become a master of Java programming. Moreover, Java, compared to other programming languages is easy to learn because it makes the use of a compiler. It is really helpful in battling time complexity in competitive programming. In addition to this, there is a well-known secret to become a master in Java language that is “practice”.
How to make the best career out of Java?
Career opportunities for full stack Java developers are enormous. They have a huge demand in the Software IT industry. Most of the tech companies prefer developers who just not code but are also good solution architects, developers, testers, and designers. If we talk about a software, it has three layers:
1) Presentation layer, which is the user interactive layer or the front end layer. A developer who specializes on this layer must be very creative
2) Business Layer, which contains the functional business logic which drives an applications’ core capabilities.
3) Database Layer, where all the data is stored
So there are experts who specialize in each of these layers. There will be a team which focuses only on any of these layers. Meanwhile, a full stack developer handles all these three layers alone or we could say that the application build solely belongs to one person. With various innovative start-ups emerging, the demand for a single person who can handle the entire process of developing a software, which is the full stack developer, increases day-by-day.
How to enhance your skills?
How to move forward in your learning to get there to become a good full stack Java developer? Definitely, there are skills which you must enhance. Here are some areas where you should work on:
1) HTML/CSS: These are the two essential languages which you will need for developing the front-end. HTML is used for adding web content and CSS is a personalization tool for designing and styling a website. A full stack java developer must be proficient in these languages.
2) Databases and web storage: A full stack java developer must be an expert in handling databases. In order to become an expert in this field you should have a clear understanding of relational databases and memory storage. You should make sure that you know how to link a database and back-end.
3) Microservices: This is a form of service-oriented architecture which is one of the most essential skills that a Java developer should have.
4) JSP or Java Server Pages is a back-end technology required for creating a platform-independent web application. It has access to the whole Java API family.
5) Enhance your analytical mind set and problem solving ability
6) Learn Spring and Hibernate framework: Master Java EE and learn Java frameworks which include Hibernate and Spring Frameworks. These two are the most popular frameworks used by companies around the world. If you become proficient in these frameworks your chances are high in the tech field.
7) DevOps– It is a blend of software developers and IT Operations. The DevOps model helps in bringing together your development team and operations team. This model increases the company’s ability to deliver quality services and applications at high velocity.
8) Git– Git is a control system that allows developers working on a team to track all the changes made to a codebase. It is designed for high speed and efficiency. Git was created by Linus Torvalds in 2005 to develop Linux Kernel. It is used as an essential distributed version control tool for DevOps. Git has a high performance and is also easy to learn. Due to its lightning fast technology it saves time. Another major benefit of using Git is that it supports offline working which means our poor internet connectivity won’t affect our work. Git provides an undo option for almost everything which makes our work easier.
Demand for Java full stack developers in India
Java full stack developers have a soaring demand in Indian job market. Java being one of the favourite languages of web developers, offers great opportunities for a good full stack Java developer. The competition for creating a new software or an application is increasing on a daily basis which means Java developers would never run out of jobs. With these rising demands across various industries there is a promising future for Java full stack developers. Companies also find it profitable hiring a full stack developer rather than individual stack developers. With the rising startup culture in India full stack Java developers can make the best future out of their skills.
Giant firms like Tata Consultancy Services, IBM, Wipro, Infosys, Oracle, etc. always welcome highly skilled full stack Java developers. Java developers are always high in demand to build powerful applications to meet the demands of the market.
Java full stack developer salary in India
The salary for a full stack Java developer in India is quite impressive. Let us have a look on how much you can earn as a full stack Java developer in some of the giant firms in India.
- Cognizant Technology Services – About ₹ 8, 33,555 /yr.
- Tata Consultancy Services – About ₹382K- ₹519K.
- Infosys- About ₹406K – ₹437K
- Wipro- About ₹293K – ₹323K
- Atos- Syntel- About ₹363K – ₹3,441K
- Boeing- About ₹837K – ₹1,417K
- Capgemini- About ₹457K – ₹501K
- However this may vary according to various factors like experience, location and job role
Bangalore, followed by Mumbai and Gurgaon are the cities with highest opportunities for full stack developers. Bangalore being the startup capital of India is likely to offer a higher salary than other cities.
Let us take a look at the average salary of a full stack Java developer based on locations:
- New Delhi and the NCT- approximately INR 593K per annum
- Kolkata, West Bengal- approximately ₹ 504K per annum
- Mumbai, Maharashtra- approximately ₹ 634K per annum
- Gurgaon, Haryana- approximately ₹ 620K per annum
- Ahmedabad, Gujarat- approximately ₹ 37K per month
- Bengaluru, Karnataka- approximately ₹760K per annum
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu- approximately ₹ 585K per annum
- Hyderabad, Telangana- approximately ₹ 615K per annum
Another major factor which affects the salary of a full stack developer is experience.
A fresh graduate could make an approximate of ₹375,000/ yr in the entry level. As the experience level increases the salary would also escalate accordingly. A full stack Java developer with 5-9 years of experience would secure an average salary of ₹1,375,689 in India.
Full stack Java developer salary in other countries
A full stack developer can earn an average amount of $75,057 in the U. S
Average Full Stack Software Developer Salary in United Kingdom- £35,318
By now, you must have got a clear idea about a Java full stack developer. If you are planning to have a career in the tech industry being a full stack Java developer is the best choice for you. With the rising demand and salary in India and also in other countries this job can secure your future. Work hard, practice your programming skills, master the required skills and give it a shot!